We’ve been talking a lot about brand lately, so let’s continue that theme and dive into another proven tactic for strengthening yours — eBooks. Don’t groan and immediately say you can’t write and publish a book. We’re here to help. AND you’re likely closer to having one than you think.
The Basis of eBooks
What do we mean “you’re closer to having one than you think?” If you have a well-written blog with a good bit of content on it, you can use your best posts to put together an eBook. Do you have three blogs on similar topics that blend well together and showcase your expertise in your area? Those blogs can be expertly combined to create a marketable eBook. Add professional design work, a catchy intro, some perfectly placed transitions, a conclusion that wraps it all together with why the readers should get on board with your services right away, and VOILA! You have an eBook, my friend.
What Makes Up a Good Blog?
If you’re wondering which blogs you have that could make up a good eBook, look for blogs with the following:
- They should be customized and unique.
- A good blog should have a great hook, or intro, to draw the reader in.
- The blogs should have a thesis supported by details and links to credible sources to back up your statements.
- Solid blogs have great conclusions that also include a call to action. After reading your posts, your customers should know exactly what you want them to do.
- Your blogs should be written in your established voice. And they should each have a similar tone. You’ll especially want these to be consistent if you’re blending them together for an eBook.
Why Do I Need an eBook?
eBooks are valuable currency in the content marketing world. In fact, many would say they are the reigning kings these days, and they have a variety of useful purposes — all of which positively promote your business:
- They exhibit genuine trustworthiness. You’ve taken the time to write a book for your customers, and it’s filled with quality, authentic information. eBooks build trust in your brand and products.
- Customers expect eBooks to be longer reads than brochures and flyers, so you can go in depth and really explain the science, specifics and benefits your services or products deliver. Make sure the primary purpose of your eBook isn’t to simply sell your product, though. Educate your readers on the topic and subtly show them why using your product or service is the very best option.
- They establish you as a subject matter expert in your field. With all the in-depth information mentioned above, you’ll share plenty of facts and figures that exhibit your knowledge.
- eBooks can help you build your marketing list. Offer your publication for free when customers sign up for your email list via your website. In return for their trust that you will use their personal information appropriately, you send them your free eBook.
Are you ready to reap the benefits of being the proud author of your very own eBook? 2018 is the time, and ATW – All Things Writing is here to support you. Whether you’re starting from scratch, compiling several blogs or simply need some help in the design department, our team of professionals can help you create a highly marketable eBook. Contact us to get started with your next big content marketing success today!
ATW – All Things Writing, a Prince William Living partner, is a full-service content development and content marketing company on a mission to help clients shine online and in print. Coming from private, government and nonprofit sectors, our clients get the kind of content that builds their brand, reputation, image and presence through customized material and personalized services. You can be one of those clients and benefit from the experience and dedication of ATW and our USA-based partners.