We get it. Not everyone is as into writing as we are. It’s even rumored that some people hate writing. (Gasp!) Writing is an unavoidable task for most business folks, though. So what’s a non-lover of words to do? Hire a ghostwriter!
But Ghostwriters Only Write Books …
Nope! That’s a popular misconception. Ghostwriters can write so much more than books. If you have social media posts, newsletters, blogs, brochures, white papers or articles to write, you can hand them off to a ghostwriter.
Do I Really Need a Ghostwriter?
Well, it depends on your goals and your workload. If you’re swimming in extra time to put toward planning and writing content and materials, then no, you probably don’t. But if you’re busy running a business, putting out daily fires and interacting with those that matter most, you should think about it. You’re probably in one of two situations. You have either started working on a blog or other projects but doing them regularly never seems to happen or even make it to the top of your task list. Or you haven’t even considered what content marketing can do for your business. (It’s big. So big we’ve covered the topic in this, this and this blog. Oh, and this one, too.) Either of those situations indicate you might not have the time to dedicate to your content marketing that it deserves. Consider a ghostwriter.
What Can a Ghostwriter Do for Me?
Ghostwriters can create all the content you ever wanted, and usually complete the tasks very quickly. When you hire a ghostwriter you get:
- Content tailored to your business – You’ll have meetings or calls with the ghostwriter to provide direction and preferences. Once the content is done, you have approval rights and can request changes as needed.
- Assistance building your brand – As you’ve read in previous blogs, content marketing is king these days when it comes to building your brand. In order to get in on that action and capitalize on it, you need content!
- Well-researched pieces – Do you have time to dig through facts and figures and then write about them? Probably not or you already would have. Professional writers dominate the research department.
- A predictable, reliable publishing schedule – Even if you’ve started your own blog or been working on your website, it can be tough to publish and update regularly. Followers love the predictability of a regular publishing schedule. Ghostwriters can help you deliver what the people want.
- Active social media channels – This is another area where followers thrive on predictability. If you’re not posting daily, or at least several times per week, you’re likely losing folks or falling off their newsfeeds. Many ghostwriters handle social media for businesses, too. They can write killer promotions for pieces they draft, as well as stories they find amidst all that researching. Win, win!
- SEO knowledge – While there is no one set of rules that makes content SEO friendly, there are a number of best practices that boost your business’ information in search rankings. Many ghostwriters know these tricks and will automatically apply them to your content.
- More time for what’s important – Whether this means you get more time to focus on the bottom line or more time having fun with your family, you’ll snag some freedom. Outsource these important tasks to professionals if you don’t love to do them or can’t find the time, and use that time for other to-dos.
If you find yourself in need of a ghostwriter, chat with the professionals at All Things Writing, LLC. We specialize in ghostwritten content from blogs to brochures. You lay out the goals, and we’ll deliver the product. Easy peasy. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
All Things Writing is a full-service content development and content marketing company on a mission to help clients shine online and in print. Our clients are from the private, government and nonprofit sectors.