If you even take a quick glance at a computer screen, your eyes are bombarded with sidebar ads, pop-up ads, targeted ads. Customers have choices, and there are so many businesses out there competing for the same customers. How will you stand out from the crowd and earn their business? Here are a few ways to consider:
- Be consistent with branding – Know what you want your brand to be about and keep your messaging consistent with that brand. If you have multiple people representing your brand, make sure you clarify your standards for marketing before they put information out that could be contradictory or detrimental to the image of your business.
- Highlight what sets you apart – People aren’t just buying what you’re selling, they’re buying why you’re selling it. Let people in on your larger vision for the company and why you’re working so hard to achieve it.
- Be positive – There is so much negativity out there on the news and on social media. Radiate positivity to stand out from the onslaught of pessimism. Instead of touting negative aspects of your competitors, highlight positive aspects of your business.
- Make a friend, not a sale – Keep things professional, but nobody wants to be just another dollar sign. Treat your customers with dignity and friendliness to earn their loyalty.
- Maintain a consistent social media presence – We live in a social commerce world where personal recommendations and social trends drive the market. Creating your brand online is imperative to keep up with the times. Posting positive, brand-consistent messages on social media is a great way to stay in the public eye and gain more business.
- Maintain a professional but friendly online presence – Nobody wants to deal with a stiff corporation. Keep your presence online light, friendly and approachable. Let your customers know you are a human with a sense of humor.
- Provide superb customer service – When you have a great customer service experience, what do you want to do? You want to shout it from the rooftops. You want to fill out that survey at the bottom of your receipt. People remember superb customer service the next time they need what you are selling or when someone asks for a recommendation in your field.
- Solicit feedback from your customers – Listen to what your customers want and provide it. If you run a cupcake shop and you only sell vanilla cupcakes, you’re going to miss out on sales from all the chocolate lovers of the world. Give the people what they want and they’ll bring their business to you again and again.
- Provide value-added services – Sometimes customers don’t know what they need until you explain it to them. You’re the expert in your field (that’s why they’re bringing their business to you). Provide services that bring great value to your customers and make sure you clearly explain the value.
Of course, there are many more ways to earn your customers’ trust and business. By being authentic and creative, you will find some of your own. It may take some additional work and analysis, but in the end, it’s worth it.
Did you enjoy those tips? Learn more from some of the most influential and successful women in the area!
This month, Sterling Women Prince William will host Donna Hoffman, Founder and President of Women on Course, the nation’s premier networking organization that introduces its members to like-minded women through the game of golf. To register, visit the Sterling Women Prince William website.
Sterling Women Prince William is a local network of professionals committed to encouraging, supporting, inspiring and strengthening one another. Through events and monthly meetings, Sterling Women Prince William showcases and celebrates exceptional women in the Prince William Area.
All Things Writing, LLC provides blogging services for Sterling Women Prince William and many other clients in a variety of industries and sectors. Email email@example.com for information on blogging packages and other writing and editing services.